Wrong keyboard shortcut in tooltip

Just want to point to point out some the keyboard shortcuts that appear in tooltip are not up to date.

The tooltip for “point on curve” shows AC is instead of the actual OC. The tooltip for “toggle point name text” shows P instead of the actual VP.

My first impression when I use Seamly is that the program is broken because the shortcut does not work. This makes me avoid keyboard shortcut altogether.

Going off topic a bit, I know custom keyboard shortcut is not a priority now, but as a daily user of this program, my most wanted feature is to change the most used tool “point - length and angle” from LA to something with far less key travel.

2 Likes

Thank you, @najdmie. I’m sure @Douglas will be along soon to check this out.

2 Likes

What would you suggest?

1 Like

I personally set line tool in all other programs (Clo, Vstitcher, etc) to alt+A, which is arch tool in Seamly. The best case for me is to have all the keyboard shortcuts on left hand side, no further than the Y key.

1 Like

The Pont - Length and Angle is not a line tool. it’s a Point tool.

Right… because Arc begins with A… just like there is Curve - Alt + C, Spline Alt + S, Line - Alt + L.

Unworkable… there’s only so many keys, and you’re wanting to throw 1/2 of them out.

BTW… the 2 key shortcuts like L A do not have to be pressed simultaneously? You can press the L, then the A. They’re not like modifier shortcuts like Alt + A, or Ctril + O, where you have to hold the modifier down.

That being said, the code is open source so you’re free to fork and change the shortcuts to your likening. Better yet, I could assign you to the Configurable Shortcuts Github issue. :slight_smile: Maybe an app like windows AutoHotKey could allow one to set a shortcut seq to a hotkey? Where A, L could be assigned to a func key?

Also as far as the original post… I had a chance to look at the App…

The shortcuts are correct in all the menus, Toolbox, Toolbox Toolbar, Shortcut Help.

They were just incorrect in the Point name & Curves toolbars. They have been fixed.

3 Likes

Understood. Yeah, I figured there that there is a logic behind every shortcut key placement.

I’m still an advocate for easy-to-set custom shortcut, because I know nothing about coding. In other programs, I managed to fit all of my fovorite shortcut in left hand side with key combo. Ideally, I don’t ever have to lift my left hand.

Not going to remap my keys, because I actually have a macro keypad that I can use.

Thanks a lot for your hard work. This is by far my favorite patternmaking program. Many people underestimate this program in my opinion. I have an edge over my peers because I use this program.

2 Likes

It’s on the Github issue list, but it’s not an easy feature to tackle. As you’re obviously aware you can’t just assign a shortcut if it’s already used. So any shortcut editor has to register each shortcut and manage whether a user can use their choice seq or not.

2 Likes