Operation toolbar greyed out

In the latest release 2024.4.15.250 my operation toolbar got greyed out so I cannot use it from there. However, I can still use it from toolbox.

3 Likes

Hello @najdmie,

I’ve just checked the code and I must apologize because this issue is linked with the new Background Image functionality that has just been added to the software. Even with 4 people that have tested this new feature, nobody noticed it, so thank you for notifying us! :wink:

I’ll correct this, the issue will be solved in the next release :blush:

Now for the technical part (CC @Douglas :wave:):

We’ve just checked the code, and it seems that the issue is due to the operations toolbar beeing disabled in the .ui file:

I’ve checked the code, and it seems that this bug came with the first version of the feature on which we started to work Jim & I. I’m not blaming anyone but us, it’s 100% our fault, we didn’t noticed that the toolbox was disabled :blush:.

I’ll push a corrective commit in a new PR.

2 Likes

I think they’re all disabled… they get enabled in the mainwindow when a pattern is loaded or a new one started. Don’t enable the form or the toolbar will be enabled when the app starts.

1 Like

Mmmmm… I didn’t get a close look at it but I think they are enabled in the ui file: image image image

but

1 Like

You right… It’s gets disabled somewhere. The checkbox probably got unchecked when you moved the toolbutton to another page. Creator can be weird in that way.

1 Like

In fact it was already unchecked on the version of the code that was on your branch before we even started to work on this feature, this is why it slipped through the cracks. But again, it’s 100% our fault since Jim and I should have noticed it when we removed the image button that was inside, sorry.

1 Like

Well it’s partly my fault too… I didn’t catch it reviewing the code. Doh. Normally I have all the toolars open, but in this case the Op’s toolbar was closed, so I didn’t notice. Anyhow… no big deal - minor bugs with easy fixes.

2 Likes

Ok… had to refresh the memory. All the Actions in the toolbars are disabled, and get enabled with a new pattern or when a pattern is loaded. Technically the code could be simplified by enabling / disabling just a toolbar… as long as all actions in a toolbar are either enabled or disabled. In which case it would be necessary to disable the toolbars in the mainwindow.ui.

2 Likes